[FRPythoneers] Re: [CLUEJOBS] Recommendations

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Mon Nov 12 10:17:18 MST 2001

> Of all the services I used when I was looking, I had my best luck with
> CLUEJOBS.  A little slow but results are results.

This is the truth, most recruiters (and I said most, not all) are
ineffectual to healthy job search. I actually got one lady to admit that
the position she was advertising for didn't really exist and they "get
alot of call for positions similar, but this was just to farm some
resumes".

Being that she was a tech recruiter I asked her various questions like:
What is perl (her job called for this)? What does SQL stand for? She
thankfully knew that Apache is a webserver and that DNS has "something to
do with" the w's in front of a domain (having admin'ed a large DNS server
it boggles my mind how many people don't have a clue).

The comments at the end of this article are really good:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2001/10/14/233011/97

JStanley
--
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by
reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"