[FRPythoneers] FastCGI + Byte compilation

jafo at tummy.com jafo at tummy.com
Mon May 21 13:37:12 MDT 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:31:58AM -0600, Ken Kinder wrote:
>We have these source code hiding managers who want to hide our programs
>source code using byte-compilation (yes, we are aware of the decompilers
>and whatnot). I've developed the program fine in source code fine, using
>fastcgi. But with byte-compilation, I'm not sure how to make the Apache
>webserver use a .pyc file and know what to do with it?

At the very least you can have a wrapper which is something like:

   import main
   main.main()

I presume your boss doesn't have a problem with exposing this amount of
source code...  Then main is a .pyc and gets picked up as normal.

 Hi, my name's Sean, but my friends call me...  Actually, my friends USUALLY
 e-mail me...  -- Sean Reifschneider, 2000