[FRPythoneers] python/xml book

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji at fourthought.com
Tue Jun 5 17:32:58 MDT 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> I'm no XML expert (Uche, Mike -- feel free to pipe up here.), but
> I've heard bad things about this book.

I think much of the problem people have with the book is that it focuses
on Pyxie, which is Sean's XML library, rather than SAX or DOM which are
more prevelant approaches to XML processing.

Even though I don't use Pyxie, and I recommend DOM or SAX for processing,
I still liked the book because it had a really strong covering of the base
concepts (it's rare for me to learn anything from an XML book, and I
learned a few things from Sean's), and one can easily take this knowledge
into the realm of SAX and DOM.

> Also, the notes from Mike Olsen's presentation in April.
> I can't find those in the list archives.

See

http://fourthought.com/Presentations/xmldevcon-20010410/title.html

I plan to dig up and post some more resources later.

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101