[FRPythoneers] python/xml book

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji at fourthought.com
Tue Jun 5 17:25:00 MDT 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Andrew R. Diederich wrote:

> I'm looking for a book (or documentation) on using python with xml.  We
> use a lot of xml at work, and I think it'd make it much easier if I could
> program stuff rather than just vi it.
>
> Anyway, at Softpro they had _XML Processing with Python_, by Sean McGrath.
> I would have bought it, but it only covers through python 1.5.2.
>
> So, I guess my question is: "Has Python changed too significantly in the
> 2.1 release from 1.5.2 so buying this book would be (relatively)
> worthless?"

I definitely recommend Sean's book.  It gives a great foundation, even if
many things have changed around it.

If you can narrow down what it is you are trying to do exactly, I can
certainly help.  I'm a pretty significant contributor to the Python/XML
libraries.

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101