[FRPythoneers] Simple GUI Output

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Mon Jun 4 09:08:56 MDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> Wayde, this should do the trick. It opens up a Text window. If you
> run it standalone (or as a pipe), you can pass in the name of
> the file to display on the commandline.

OK, this is something I've bee wanting to experiment with.  Just haven't
yet figured out how to make use of Tkinter.  Thanks for the code
fragment.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to play around with it shortly.

> This is (slightly modified) from Mark's wonderful book (p376-377):

To which of Mark's "wonderful book's" are you refering?  I've got his book
"Programming Python", but I didn't find anything that quite matched what
you are doing on these pages.  A citation would be helpful to know which
of his books you are refering to.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)