[FRPythoneers] Python under MSWindows

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Jun 1 17:20:19 MDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Clementson, Bill wrote:

> Either of those ideas would work as well (and wouldn't require a temporary
> file on disk); however, they would require either changes to the python
> programs or the creation of a new python "wrapper" program (using os.popen)
> to redirect stdin/stdout from/to his existing python programs. Wayde
> mentioned that he was after something that would allow him to use the same
> python programs that he was running under Linux without modification. Your
> Tkinter option would be a better long-term solution - my suggestion was just
> a quick hack that would allow him to start using his stuff immediately.

Yes, and it was right on the money!  Actually making the file permanent
rather than temporary kind of gives me the best of both worlds.  From the
example I was playing with anyway.

Yes, building a better and more generic interface is the "best" option.

I'm starting to see the differences between running under Linux versus
running under Windows.

Thanks for the help!

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)