[FRPythoneers] Python under MSWindows

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jun 1 16:45:02 MDT 2001

>1. Create a batch file (called runit.bat in this example) containing the
>following lines:
>python %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 > %temp%\temp
>notepad.exe %temp%\temp
>del %temp%\temp

This is a good idea.  Alternately, you could create a Tkinter output class
that would open a window with a text edit field.  Probably shouldn't be
that hard to do, and would end up looking nicer in the Windows environment
-- plus you could use it on Linux as well (specify a command-line argument
maybe?).

Can you do "os.system('notepad.exe')" on Legacy Windows platforms?  That
might be an alternative as well.

 I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas.  I'm frightened
 of the old ones.  -- John Cage