[FRPythoneers] Python under MSWindows

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Jun 1 14:09:34 MDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> >From Mark Lutz's wondeful new book:
>
>   "To keep the DOS pop-up box around so you can read printed
> output, simply add a
> 		raw_input()
> call at the bottom of your script to pause for an Enter key press
> before exiting.

OK, I tried re-naming the file to myprogram.pyw and setting the target on
the shortcut to read:

    C:\Wayde\myprogram.pyw argument1

When I click on the resulting icon the little hourglass runs for a while,
but that's it.  None of the lines that should be printed out ever appear.

For fun I clicked on the file myprogram.pyw and that also generates the
hourglass.  At least that gives me a message in the description
information on the left side of the mycomputer windows that says "No
Console available".

Also I tried changing the shortcut target to read:

   C:\Wayde\myprogram.pyw argument1 > C:\Wayde\result.txt

and still nothing.  The hour glass pops up for a second, but no result.txt
file gets created.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)