[FRPythoneers] Python under MSWindows

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Jun 1 13:41:40 MDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:

> Wayde, you are trying to have some Python programs be accessed similar
> to Windows programs, correct?

Yes

> What are you doing to make them clickable icons? Batch files, or .py
> files themselves?

I was just trying make shortcuts to them as I described in my reply to
Evelyn.

> I've seen a lot of programs make batch files. Or, you can use freeze to
> make them stand-alone binaries. Or write wrapper programs in C?

The batch file is an interesting idea.  What is freeze?

I 'could' write a C wrapper, but that is getting a bit deeper than I had
in mind.  I really don't need these to be MSWindows runnable, but I'd like
to be able to share them with my co-workers.  The C wrapper would probably
turn people off.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)