[FRPythoneers] Python under MSWindows

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Jun 1 13:36:14 MDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> Name them ending in .pyw rather than .py That will open them up
> without the dos window.

OK, I'll give that a try.

> You create a shortcut by right clicking on the file.
>
> Then you can add the command line arguments in the target.

Yes, I had tried making the shortcut and in the targe line putting
something like:

   C:\python21\python myprogram.py argument1 argument2

When I tried clicking on the resulting shortcut I see a black window flash
by and then it is gone.

So, if I understand you correctly I should rename my program to
myprogam.pyw and then set the shortcut to say:

   c:\wayde\myprogram.pyw argument1 argument2

I'll give that a try.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)