[FRPythoneers] Python under MSWindows

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri Jun 1 13:06:47 MDT 2001

I've been writing simply little Python programs for manipulating various
types of data here in the lab.  I'm a Linux user, and most of these
programs tend to run as data filters or with command line arguments.

Since many of my co-workers us MSWindows, I've recently been experimenting
to see just how portable my programs are between my Linux platform and
MSWindows.  So far I've been able to make my programs run in the DOS
window, but would like to make them executable as clickable icons.  The
problem seems to be sending the necessary command line arguments.

In a nutshell I'm wondering how best to run general Python programs in the
MSWindows environment?  Do I simply need to write these so that instead of
taking command line options I prompt the user for the necessary
information?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)