[FRPythoneers] import question

Sherman Lambert sherman.lambert at state.co.us
Wed Dec 5 13:12:50 MST 2001

Hi,

I'm developing a system using python.  Things seem to be going well, but as
the size of the system has grown I have found a problem.  It would be nice
to segregate scripts into different directories.  However I have yet to
figure out how to import scripts not in the current path, or the python
path.  I am using python on Win 9x.  I thought that I could just give the
path to the import statement. however that does not seem to work.  I detail
I have a project in \project, I am trying to reference a script in
\python\piece1.  Any clues (this should be simple, shouldn't it?).

Sherman