[FRPythoneers] Freeze.py

Ken Kinder kkinder at tridog.com
Thu Aug 16 12:03:30 MDT 2001

I'm having some trouble with freeze.py. I froze a module, and now I seem
to have a missing symbal. I've done an nm on this symbal, and it appears
to be all over the Python libraries. This is with python2.1. I also have
1.52 installed, but it doesn't seem to be the issue because it's clearly
using /usr/lib/python2.1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/kkinder/projects/pymivanow/mivanow.py", line 40, in ?
     import smtplib, cgi, ConfigParser, os, sys, templatelib, string,
time, re, cccheck
   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/smtplib.py", line 42, in ?
     import socket
   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 41, in ?
     from _socket import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/_socket.so: undefined
symbol: _Py_NoneStruct