[FRPythoneers] doctest

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Tue Aug 14 12:55:02 MDT 2001

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 03:19:55PM -0600, Ken Kinder wrote:
> >Can I get some suggestions and opinions of pyunit and doctest?
>
> Arggh!  Not again!  ;-)
>
> I presume you caught the big flame-fest over exactly this topic that
> happened a couple of weeks ago?  If not, please check the archives -- I
> won't go into it.
>
> doctest is nice for some simple tests, particular when those tests
> constitute a good example of the usage of the code as well.  More complex
> things should use another test system, with options being the unittest
> module (PyUnit), or FourThought's test system that they developed for
> 4Suite/4SS...

Just wanted to note that we're not really advocating the 4Suite test harness
as a general-purpose testing system for Python.  It's pretty heavily geared to
our needs.

I was mostly interested in PyUnit so we could get out of the
test-harness-writing biz.  I'll also defer to the archives with regard to how
well that idea carried.  ;-)

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101
4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management