[FRPythoneers] doctest

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Aug 11 17:03:04 MDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 03:19:55PM -0600, Ken Kinder wrote:
>Can I get some suggestions and opinions of pyunit and doctest?

Arggh!  Not again!  ;-)

I presume you caught the big flame-fest over exactly this topic that
happened a couple of weeks ago?  If not, please check the archives -- I
won't go into it.

doctest is nice for some simple tests, particular when those tests
constitute a good example of the usage of the code as well.  More complex
things should use another test system, with options being the unittest
module (PyUnit), or FourThought's test system that they developed for
4Suite/4SS...  Apparently unit testing isn't good for some people or some
tasks because of what unittesting is defined as -- see the previous
discussion for more about that.

 Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.