[FRPythoneers] os.popen() issue with solaris?

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Fri Nov 10 19:12:29 MST 2000

Hi, everyone.  Does anybody have an idea for what I need to do with
this function to get it to work on a Solaris box?  I'm trying to pipe
the output of a command into individual lines.  The problem seems to
be with the pipe, somehow.  I really hope there's a way to get this to
work, but I really don't know where to start.  Works fine on Linux.
Unfortunately, they don't make cqp (linguistics database thing) for
Linux.

The error is: Couldn't install SIG_IGN for SIGPIPE signal

The code is (abbreviated, only to be less revealing of how nasty cqp's
command line arguments are):

def collectdata(lemma):
    command = "/usr/local/ims-cwb/bin/cqpcl ... |"
    data = os.popen(command,'r').readlines()
    return data

Google says nothing useful about this... Hope somebody can help.

--
Chris Riddoch
socket at peakpeak.com