[FRPythoneers] Lumberjack: Code Parts

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat May 6 13:23:41 MDT 2000

Here are the basic pieces of code we have identified for the software.
We're working on some sample markup right now.

Sean
========
Code which when given a file retrieves the doc strings from it.
  Possible solutions:
  1. A giant regular expression -- actually, it wouldn't be that
     large at all.
  2. Parse through the file, extracting strings immediately following
     a definition.
  [jafo] I was planning on importing the code with the interpreter and
     accessing the '__doc__' method.

Code which parses the doc strings into an internal representation.
  The internal representation should probably include some sort
  of metacharacters for keywords as with javadoc.

An API for accessing internal representations.

Code for generation of documentation from the API.

--
 I put my hand upon her lever, said "let it rock and let it roll."
 I had the one-arm-bandit fever, it was an arrow through my heart, that's all.