[FRPythoneers] PythonDoc review

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Wed Mar 29 17:51:18 MST 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 03:55:08PM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >Docbook is a _lot_ heavyweight for in-line docs (excuse the grammar),
> >and that's why I said we intend to use JavaDoc for that purpose.
> >DocBook is strictly for on-line (meaning Intra and Internet) docs.
>
> I parsed what you said as "Mark up the docstrings with javadoc, and
> the pythondoc tool converts them to DocBook marked-up for generating
> the documents.

Yes.  And just to be unequivocally clear, this separate Docbook matter
would never find it's way back into the docstrings (perish the thoiugh
indeed!)

I've also heard nice things about Perl's POD, but I have no first-hand
experience.  Does anyone know of its merits/demerits vis-a-vis javadoc?

--
Uche Ogbuji
Fourthought, Inc., IT Consultants