[FRPythoneers] PythonDoc review

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Mar 29 14:26:22 MST 2000

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 11:25:04PM -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:10:37AM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> >any time soon.  In the meantime fourthought has moved to Docbook for
> >on-line docs and is considering a Javadoc (with a few good ideas from
> >Structured Text) approach for in-line docs.

DocBook may be a little heavy weight for documentation included
in source files. The book by Normal Walsh is available
online at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/index.html

I used it when I was working on SGML-Tools, and it had a few
things I liked, and a few I didn't. It does seem to be the
best tool available right now.

The support for XML in Python is really good, and I'd push for
that sort of tool, if possible.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com
--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution - the Freshest Red Hat every month