[FRPythoneers] Meeting Notes Wednesday Feb 16 2000

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Thu Feb 17 07:41:23 MST 2000

Last nights meeting was quite well attended.

We will be shifting our meeting night from the 3rd Wednesday
to the 3rd Thursday of the month, with the next meeting to be
held at Healthy Habits in Boulder on March 16th.

Most of the discussion centered around Zope, with half the people
attending having used it for some project already. Mark Lutz reported
that his Python Classes are filled with aspiring Zopistas.

The group is planning to reinvigorate PythonJournal. Prospective
authors and collaborators are invited to contact the list for more
information.

Mike Olsen of Fourthought, asked about the interest in integrating
their DOM and ObjectDatabase technology in Zope. The response was
encouraging, but not enthusiastic, as most of the people at the
meeting have not used either XML or Object Databases in projects
yet. I'm hoping that the integration with Zope will happen quickly
as it will help to pull these technologies into broader use.

We are looking for a different meeting area, perhaps one with
good beer, in the Boulder area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Evelyn Mitchell, tummy.com
FRPythoneers Coordinator
efm at tummy.com
--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution - the Freshest Red Hat every month