[FRPythoneers] Data Acquisition with Python

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Aug 16 00:23:35 MDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 04:57:02PM -0600, Wayde Allen wrote:
>had created one for Python?  If not, this might be a good chance to learn
>about how Python integrates outside code sources.  I've never tried that.

Building modules for Python isn't that bad.  It's kind of like
using a weird library like glib or something -- a weird mix of Python
and C coding...

There's a program called "SWIG" which can be used to create wrappers
for C code in Python, Perl, etc...  It's supposed to be pretty neat,
but I've run into many problems with building modules that used it.
I've never written anything using it at all.

It's kind of like using an IDL with RPC, if you're familiar with that.

 Well, what does she expect? You leave your navigator lying around,
 naturally somebody is going to run over him.  -- _Death_Race_2000_