[FRPythoneers] Databases (fwd)

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji at fourthought.com
Thu Aug 10 22:54:10 MDT 2000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Wayde Allen wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 12:05:21AM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > >What's going on with frpythoneer's headers?  My reply went only to Evelyn.
> >
> > I'd dispute that...  I received a copy of it, and don't see Evelyn mentioned
> > in the headers at all:
>
> As Sean noted, the reply did indeed go to the list.

Yes.  I saw that to be the case after I posted my query.

> I received a copy
> too.  However, Mr. Ogbuji's mail header reads:
>
>    Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:59:33 -0600 (MDT)
>    From: Uche Ogbuji <uogbuji at fourthought.com>
>    To: Evelyn Mitchell <frpythoneers at lists.tummy.com>
>    Subject: Re: Re[2]: [FRPythoneers] Databases
>
> It looks to me like his address book or mail client has Evelyn's name
> associated with the python mailing list rather than anything that the list
> itself is doing.

Nothing of the sort.

1) I don't have Evelyn in my address book (in fact, I have exactly no one)

2) In my other messages to the list, that particular anomaly hasn't been
repeated.

My MUA is pine: as simple and reliable as it gets.  I'm inclined to think
that pine simply burped at some confusion in the incoming mail's headers,
but it's hardly a big enough deal for me to track it down.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101