[FRPythoneers] Databases

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 9 21:38:24 MDT 2000

you're welcome to take a look at my project description at
http://duas.sourceforge.net

Basically I'm writing a Domain User Administration System and I want
to pull from user information (such as a user's uid) from a database.
 I want to allow for the fact that the user might not have a database
at all (then I'd use some sort of DBM), a user might have Oracle,
Sybase, MySQL, etc.  Or a user might want the information stored in
LDAP.

I want to write my code in such a manner that no matter what OS and
what database the user will use, my code will still work.  Hence the
"database abstraction layer".  I'm not sure that ODBC is the way to
go...but then again, I'm not a database guru.

--
PC Drew

Thus spake Evelyn Mitchell on Wednesday, August 09, 2000, 9:31:24 PM: