Python RPMs (was: Re: [FRPythoneers] websucker.py)

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Fri Apr 7 10:06:18 MDT 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 05:29:18PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >Hmm.  I don't think you read the page through.  Here is the final
> >paragraph:
>
> Well, yeah...  It doesn't have a Python SRPM, and the binary RPM was
> 1.5.2-2 though...

Ah.  I see.  No, we didn't copy over the SRPMs.  We'll probably do so.

However, the binary RPM may be 1.5.2-2, but that version number pertains
to Oliver Andrich's sequence, and has nothing to do with RedHat's
versioning.  Having run into many problems with the symbol-linking,
threading support, lack of patches, etc. of older Red Hat RPMs while
developing and packaging 4Suite tools, we've found Andrich's RPMs to be
the best we checked out (we didn't know tummy produced RPMs at the
time).  If they weren't perfect we would have rolled our own.

tummy.com might want to join the python4linux group since you develop
RPMs as well.  It is an open group that produces RPMs, debs and other
specialized packages for Linux users.  See