Python RPMs (was: Re: [FRPythoneers] websucker.py)

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Thu Apr 6 17:29:18 MDT 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 05:21:05PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >Just FYI everyone, usually I use Oliver Andrich's RPMs, which you can
> >find on our mirror at
>
> That just seems to list the 1.5.2-7 versions provided by RedHat.
> In particular, that one doesn't have the whichdb patch, and causes
> problems with shelves or anything else that uses whichdb.  I got
> hit particularly hard with it because radiusContext and CID both
> use shelves, and we had many user problem reports.

Hmm.  I don't think you read the page through.  Here is the final
paragraph:

"""
This is all very well, but Python does have a huge wealth of contributed
programs and products. These are packaged separately by the
python4linux group (and mirrored by FourThought). See below for the FTP
site. The RPMs there were originally developed by Oliver
Andrich and Jeff Rush, and updated by the python4linux group as
improvements emerge.

ftp://FourThought.com/pub/mirrors/python4linux/redhat
"""

The RPMs on our FTP are from Oliver Andrich's, Jeff Rush, Fourthought,
Chad Netzer, and the rest of the python4linux group.  There is nothing
from Red Hat.  Andrich included all the patches to Sept 1999 or so, and
many useful build options.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Senior Software Engineer
uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 101