Python RPMs (was: Re: [FRPythoneers] websucker.py)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Apr 6 17:06:34 MDT 2000

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 05:21:05PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>Just FYI everyone, usually I use Oliver Andrich's RPMs, which you can
>find on our mirror at

That just seems to list the 1.5.2-7 versions provided by RedHat.
In particular, that one doesn't have the whichdb patch, and causes
problems with shelves or anything else that uses whichdb.  I got
hit particularly hard with it because radiusContext and CID both
use shelves, and we had many user problem reports.

I'm using 1.5.2-9 (ftp.tummy.com:/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS), and it's
working great.

On an unrelated note, I've found that the likely reason I have code
which will break under 1.6 is that the "Example" listed in the
socket section of the library reference demonstrates calling
connect as "foo.connect(host, port)" instead of "foo.connect((host, port))".

Funny that Guido describes this as "never documented or endorsed" -- the
socket example on python.org *STILL* uses that syntax.  Serious bummer...

 It's in that place where I put that thing that time.
                 -- _Hackers_