[FRPythoneers] websucker.py

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Wed Apr 5 17:21:05 MDT 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 01:09:13PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >Odd.  I thought the Red Hat python RPM included the stuff from Tools,
> >but I guess not.  On another machine where I built Python I did find the
> >packages.
>
> The python included with RedHat 6.1 is broken.  Pick up the SRPM we
> have on ftp.tummy.com:/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS and do an
> "rpm --rebuild pythonwhatever.src.rpm".  It'll build binary
> RPMs including the tools RPM.  It also has a fix for the
> anydbm module.

Actually, I got burnt by the Python RPM in 6.1 and I haven't used it in
over six months.  I was referring to the Python in RH 6.2.  They did fix
the biggest errors in their RPMs somewhere along the Rawhide regime.
They also finally added multithreading support.

Just FYI everyone, usually I use Oliver Andrich's RPMs, which you can
find on our mirror at

http://fourthought.com/Python/python4linux.html

The python4linux group should have python 1.6 alpha RPMs up soon.

--
Uche Ogbuji
uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 101