[FRPythoneers] websucker.py

Erno Kuusela erno at iki.fi
Wed Apr 5 12:38:45 MDT 2000

hello,

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
| George Jempty wrote:
| > Additionally I'm very pleased to have found the webchecker and websucker
| > modules. [...]

| I haven't heard of these, but the "webchecker" has a promising name.  I
| might soon be looking for a python lib for link-checking and such.  I
| looked inthe standard distro and didn't find these modules.  Where did
| you find them?

They are in the Tools directory of the python distribution.

I don't know what platform you are on, but for example in the Debian
package the Tools and Demos dirs are in /usr/doc/python/examples/.

| (This is where a CPAN-type engine would work wonders, as
| we all know.)

Parnassus works quite well: <URL:http://www.vex.net/parnassus/>.
But, it does not list the stuff included with python. Perhaps
it should. :)

   -- erno

--
Erno Kuusela