[FRPythoneers] websucker.py

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Wed Apr 5 09:10:35 MDT 2000

George Jempty wrote:

> I'm getting my chance to use Python at my new position immediately.  I'll be
> cloning some IntraNet material for a company that spun off another.  I
> immediately thought of Python as I've used the urllib module to convert
> mailing list archives on the web into dbm files.
>
> I see that it won't be an issue that authentication is required.
> Additionally I'm very pleased to have found the webchecker and websucker
> modules.  Does anybody have experience with them and/or any wisdom they'd
> like to pass along?
>
> Thanks in advance for helping me....and Python....shine ;)

I haven't heard of these, but the "webchecker" has a promising name.  I
might soon be looking for a python lib for link-checking and such.  I
looked inthe standard distro and didn't find these modules.  Where did
you find them?  (This is where a CPAN-type engine would work wonders, as
we all know.)

--
Uche Ogbuji
Fourthought, Inc., IT Consultants