Announce ldirectord version 1.16
Jacob.Rief at TIScover.com
Fri Jul 21 00:53:38 MDT 2000
I would like to announce ldirectod version 1.16.
This release includes lots of patches from Horms:
* Allow ranges of addresses to specify real servers
* Documented the login and passwd direcives that are used
in conjunction with ftp services.
* Moved loging funcionality to ldirectord_log, so it will be
easier to maintain uniform loging. At the moment the
management of opening and closing the log file is very primative
but should be ok given that ldirectord's logging isn't very verbose.
* Moved bringing up and down failback servers into functions to
avoid code duplication and make things easier to maintain.
* Added the ability to specify a failback server for a virtual
that overides the global if it is present.
* Updated sample configs
* Made ftp parse the output, so request and recieved directives now
work with ftp services. As a part of this tmp files are no longer
created when checking ftp servers which closes some potential
* A blank line is no longer required between virtuals. I used a goto
to achieve this which isn't the best, but avoided having to
rearange large chunks of the config parsing code.
* Where appropiate updated the in-source documentation to reflect
The lastest version of ldirectord can be found via cvs at
More information about the Linux-HA