brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 5 18:32:45 MDT 2006
On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:11:52PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> Do we want the code to be GPLv3-able, or should we remove the "or any
> later option"?
IANAL and all that, and also I'm not a contributor (yet!) but
> The code base has sufficiently low contributor counts that we can
> probably make a change one way or the other.
I'm pretty sure this is one of those licence "changes" where you don't
need to find absolutely everyone who has ever written anything anyway.
Either way, anybody is able to fork the last code before the licence
change as GPL3 if they want, and you are welcome to fork it as GPL2
only any time you want.
If the active developers decide to go GPL2 only then there will be a
virtual dead forked GPL3 version at 2.0.7+ and an alive GPL2 version
with all the changes since that point.
Bron ( no comment on the colour of the bikeshed - either is
compatible with my needs )
More information about the Linux-HA-Dev