[FRPythoneers] Career Opportunities - Catalyst

bek bekiefer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:02:23 MST 2015

Pythoneers, we are hiring. If interested, please reply off the list to numbers at catalystsecure.com

## Background

We seek to hire a Product Support Developer who can work on jobs that are currently not built into our offering, but are possible using APIs, Web Services, and other means to manipulate data. The job will require familiarity with many technologies knitted together by scripts and glue that you will write. You will be nearly equal parts client focused, developer, analyst, and communicator. You will provide the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to complete your tasks.

This role will work closely with other members of Development, Product Management, and Client Care teams in order to provide swift, efficient and consistent resolutions for customers. This position may require evening, overnight or weekend hours.

You will learn a great deal about our platform and a wide variety of technologies including XML, search, documents, translations, NoSQL, and SQL. You will identify, select and transform data in our platform.

## Desired Skills

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:

* A basic understanding of one or more of the following developmental disciplines:
* python
* Transact-SQL
* MySQL
* VB.net
* C#.net
* bash
* MSAccess
* XML
* XQuery
* Excellent investigative, troubleshooting, and debugging skills in all of the above
* Proficiency in Source control
* Clear and persuasive communication in positive or negative situations; must listen and understand clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings
* Able to remain highly adaptable. Due to the turbulent nature of priorities in supporting customers, this role requires high adaptability to changing demands, deadlines and priorities

## Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

* Run queries, debug, optimize and troubleshoot as needed
* Write scripts needed to finish the requirements in coordination with Product Management
* Ability and willingness to work varying hours due to worldwide customer locations and various deadlines
* Ensure that internal customers are informed and comfortable with your tasks, updates, and deliverables
* Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established requirement, issue, or concern
* Other duties as assigned

## Education

An undergraduate degree is required, with preference for BA or BS in Computer Science or Engineering.

## Benefits

Catalyst offers a competitive compensation package (including base salary, bonus potential, medical/dental/vision coverage, and company-matched 401k) and the opportunity to play a meaningful role in a stable and growing company with a fun, hard-working, and innovative work environment.

No recruiters please.

Due to our customer base, we require that you are a US Citizen residing in the US. We are not providing sponsorship opportunities at this time.