[FRPythoneers] Reminder: Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - Tomorrow (Wed, Mar 21) in Boulder

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Tue Mar 20 11:55:44 MDT 2007

A quick reminder: tomorrow (Wednesday, March 21) we have a great lineup of
PyCon 2007 talks from local presenters:

   - Matt Boersma will present "Write Less Code with XRC for wxPython":
   an easier way to do GUI layout using wxWidget's XML-based resource system.
   - Sean Reifschneider will present "Python and vim: Two great tastes
   that go great together". The vim editor includes extensive abilities for
   customization and scripting. In addition to its own simple macro language,
   vim also supports calling Python code. This Python code has access back into
   vim for manipulating the edit buffer as well as running normal vim commands.
   Examples demonstrated in this talk will include automatically detecting
   indentation style (tabs/N spaces), automatic update of DNS "serial" numbers
   when editing DNS zone files, mail alias tab-expansion, and a time tracking
   application using a "domain specific vim" as the user interface.

Other items to talk about:

   - BoulderSprint <http://wiki.python.org/moin/BoulderSprint>. The next
   sprint will be Saturday, April 28 on the IPython1
   Fernando Perez and Brian Granger will be coaching. This would be an
   excellent opportunity to learn about decorators, Twisted, and other advanced
   Python concepts while helping getting this amazing shell to beta status.
   - Google Summer of Code <http://code.google.com/soc/>. The Python
   Software Foundation's application to join GSoC was just approved. It's
   not too late to be a mentor
   But the student application deadline is this Saturday, March 24!

We will have food & drink available as usual.  We're meeting from 6-8
PM at bivio
Software <http://www.bivio.biz/>, which is at 28th and Iris in Boulder,
above Hair Elite in Suite S. Google Maps

Hope to see you there tomorrow!
More info: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers