[FRPythoneers] Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - Wednesday, August 22 in Boulder

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Fri Aug 17 11:43:22 MDT 2007

This Wednesday, August 22:

Tennessee Leeuwenburg is a Python developer based in Melbourne, Australia.
He works for the Australian Bureau of Meteorology working on forecast
systems. He will be visiting Boulder, Colorado to work with the folks at the
Earth Systems Research Laboratory.

Tennessee is also the Editor-In-Chief of "The Python Papers" (
http://pythonpapers.org), a free online journal covering Python topics in
the community, industry and academia. The next issue is due out on August 25
and marks one year's worth of content.

Compiling The Python Papers involves dealing with a lot of individuals and
groups with widely differing experiences and goals. Getting to know these
people has been a great experience. Hopefully, by reading the journal, many
people have felt increasingly connected to these individuals and groups. A
brief overview of some of these online spaces will help to show how much is
being done and how diverse the Python world is becoming. Python in Education
will be given a particular highlight. While the One Laptop Per Child
movement is an enormous player in this space, equal emphasis will be given
to Python for Kids, Python in University and others.

We will have free food & drink as usual.  We're meeting from 6-8 PM at bivio
Software <http://www.bivio.biz/>, which is at 28th and Iris in Boulder,
above Hair Elite in Suite S. Please note, there are two hair salons at this
shopping center. Google Maps
And a calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=frpythoneers%2540gmail.com>

Hope to see you there Wednesday!
More details: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers