[FRPythoneers] Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - This Wednesday, October 18, 6-8 PM, St Julien Hotel

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Fri Oct 13 17:00:23 MDT 2006

  This coming Wednesday (October 18) we are having our monthly meeting
for the Front Range Pythoneers. *Please note, we are moving from the
Republic of Boulder to _Jill's at the St Julien Hotel_.*

Although "OpenSpace" has been working well, let me suggest one topic in
advance. The Python Conference has a call for proposals until October 31
(http://us.pycon.org/TX2007/CallForProposals). Now we just happen to
have the friendliest bunch of Python people I know coming to our
meetings. So why not join us on Wednesday and share your ideas for a
talk or a tutorial?

I especially like the focus of this year's conference: "For 2007, we're
especially interested in presentations that will teach conference-goers
something new and useful. Can you show attendees how to: use a module?
explore a Python language feature? package an application?" Really, that
sounds like an in-depth version of our meetings, with a lot of sharing
from a passionate user community.

Here are the meeting specifics:

    * /Status/: *Always on*
    * /Date/: Every 3rd Wednesday
    * /Time/: 6-8 PM
    * /Location/: Jill's at the St Julien Hotel (9th and Walnut), the
      bar area. Jill's is extending their rather nice happy hour for us:
      we get it until 8 PM. Almost everything on the happy hour menu -
      over 15 items - is $5 or less, so it's one of the best deals in
      Boulder. Their tater tots are tasty (with a little parmigiano and
      truffle oil), and they make a nice margherita pizza. More on the
      St Julien: www.stjulien.com

Enough promoting ;). Hope to see you there!

- Jim