[FRPythoneers] jython sprint homework

Eric Dobbs eric at dobbse.net
Fri Dec 15 12:01:50 MST 2006

Hi All.

At the django sprint, I was surprised how much time the setup
required.  For the jython sprint, let's see how much of that work we
can do before we get together.  I asked for some suggestions from the
jython-dev list and got a reply from Charlie Groves, one of the
committers, last night.

This is probably the best place to start:

http://wiki.python.org/jython/JythonDeveloperGuide walks through
setting things up and getting them to build and is up to date.

http://www.jython.org/Project/devfaq.html
http://www.jython.org/Project/devguide.html

Charlie suggests we work from the 2.3 branch.  He also offered the
following suggestions for things we could work on.  He also
volunteered to join us by IRC if there are no other jython committers
in the area.  I'll try to get this info on the wiki later today.

Take care.
-Eric

Begin forwarded message: