[FRPythoneers] PyCon 2007 - Accepted Talks by Local Pythoneers

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 17:18:23 MST 2006

On 12/1/06, Jim Baker <jbaker at zyasoft.com> wrote:

>  5 out of 103 accepted talks for PyCon 2007 are from local Pythoneers.
> Congratulations on what everyone agrees was a very competitive year for
> proposals!
>
>  - Jim
>

> Interactive Parallel and Distributed Computing with IPython
>
> Dr. Brian E Granger (Tech-X Corporation); Fernando Perez (University of
> Colorado at Boulder)
>  30min Intermediate
>  categories: science, concurrency

Six, in fact (also Brian and myself):

IPython: getting the most out of working interactively in Python

IPython (http://ipython.scipy.org) is an enhanced interactive
shell for Python. It provides a large number of features not
found in the default shell that make interactive work in Python
more seamless and convenient.

These features include: full access to the OS, sophisticated
tab-completion and object introspection, and easy access to
debugging and profiling tools. All of these features are
customizable by the user. It also offers support for
interactively working with all major GUI toolkits from the
command line.

This talk will outline the basic ideas and major features
behind IPython and demo some of them directly.

#####

Unfortunately I won't be able to travel to PyCon personally, but Brian
will present both talks.

Cheers,