[FRPythoneers] Python unable to import readline during make (RH7.1)

Rahul Kumar rahulk at bhartitelesoft.com
Wed Sep 24 23:39:24 MDT 2003

Dear Sean
Thanks for your replies. I couldnt help noticing "Linux Consulting" in
your signature. Thus, i'll pop you this query (no one on my Linux lists
has answered).

 i get this error while installing (running make) on Python-2.3.tgz on
 my home RedHat 7.1 system.

  *** WARNING: renaming "readline" since importing it failed:
  /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.1: undefined symbol: BC

  Thus, python works fine, but without readline. (BTW, the install is
  fine on my office PC (RH 8.0) ). My other client programs at home such
  as mysql client and others use readline.so without any probs.
  Hope you can help!
  --
  re
  rahul