[FRPythoneers] Doctest

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jul 30 17:33:15 MDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:05:16PM -0600, Calvin Dodge wrote:
>Actually, 4suite is probably MORE reliable than at least SOME banking software.

I've never actually heard that banking software is pushed for being that
reliable.  The banking industry gets a large part of it's reliability by
having a paper-trail of every transaction made.  If their computer systems
melt down, they could fall back to the manual process.

Considering the number of ATMs moving to a flavor of Windows, and the
associated reports of ATMs asking you to press control-alt-delete,
reporting UAEs, and the like, I don't know that you can really hold banking
systems to a high standard.  And remember that audit that Dan Farmer did of
machines on the net which found that banking systems were less secure than
average?  Or how about the fact that the only thing that saved us from
likely huge banking problems on 2000-01-01 was 2 years of public concern
about it?

Bringing this back on-topic, if I dare, I've often thought that Python
would be good for implementing daemons because you're going to be fairly
hard pressed to trigger a stack overwrite by overrunning a buffer...

 I like to be different, so I built a lowercase a-frame house.
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 2000