[FRPythoneers] Doctest

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Mon Jul 30 17:05:16 MDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:59:08PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> I should note that it's quite odd to have banking, ATC and such software
> suggested as a standard in a list where we're all supposedly
> afficionados of Python.

Actually, 4suite is probably MORE reliable than at least SOME banking software.

I read a story in "Network World" (IIRC) by a fellow who noticed new ATM software (that's "automated teller machine", not "asynchronous transfer mode") at his local bank. It was based on Windows, and Internet Explorer, and ... ActiveX controls.  At least once when he tried to get money, IE warned him that it was being asked to run ActiveX controls, and did he want to continue?

He says the odds of extracting money during any given visit are about 1 in 10.

I'll dig up a reference to the article if anyone is interested.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)