[FRPythoneers] Doctest

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Jul 30 16:32:01 MDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:22:47PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> I'd also like to keep away from formula.  "ad hominem" is largely in the
> eye of the beholder.  I think the above is a pretty straightforward
> response to
>
> "Thanks for the insight into how your shop operates ... yet another
> example of:  there is always time to do it over, but never time to do it
> right."
>
> Which as I read it is a bald insult.
>
> This would have been clear if you had quoted the applicable context
> rather than my remark alone.

I'm sorry your feelings have been hurt on several occasions during
this thread.

A more complete statement of the goals and processes that FourThought
uses in its testing would go a long way towards helping all of us understand
what you are doing.

And, granting your correspondants the benefit of the doubt as to their
intentions in writing you (that is, not taking their statements as 'bald
insults' but rather as opportunties to clarify misunderstandings of
your position) will also help to keep the discussion above the level
of personal insults.

Thanks,
Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com