[FRPythoneers] Doctest

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji at fourthought.com
Sat Jul 28 06:22:38 MDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Rob Riggs wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>
> >This has simply been a weird thread.  We've had one person go off in an
> >(IMO) inexplicable huff.  We also have managed (most of it through my
> >fault) to tangle in a lot of language philosophy issues.  We've even got
> >to the point of saying something to the effect that if Erich Gamma does
> >something, it must be Good.  (Boy am I glad we don't automatically treat
> >
> Bringing Gamma and Beck into this was in response to the "since at least
> two experienced Python developers here disagree with you" crack that was
> made earlier in the thread. I respect those two Python developers
> immensely, but their word on the issue should be taken with a grain of salt.

Wow.  How does that remark get so roundly misunderstood?

My point was not that 2 experienced Python developers disagreed, so the
2EPD must be right, but that the 2EPD at least demonstrated that there
were some who, knowing exactly what they're doing, need a feature tweak
to PyUnit, and that the PyUnit developers should'nt stubbornly refuse to
provide that small tweak just because they insisted that they wouldn't
like to use it themselves.

I'm certainly the last person to proclaim "these be thy gods, O Israel",
so I'd say you should take the words of *any* commentator cum grano salis.

Ha, even Einstein scoffed at the more outlandish claims of Quantum
Mechanics, which are now well demonstrated (although it does seem he was
right about the mysterious cosmological constant).

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management