[FRPythoneers] Doctest

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji at fourthought.com
Fri Jul 27 14:53:57 MDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Jim Vickroy wrote:

> Mike Olson wrote:
>
> You probably have heard the drill ...
>
> Find an error in a module.  Update the unit test, for this module, to detect the error.
> Fix the error.  Run ALL of your unit tests for ALL of your modules.  If none of the tests
> fail for any of the modules, then, at least to the extent your unit tests reflect desired
> behavior, you have broken nothing.  If tests fail, fix the broken modules and run all
> tests again.  Repeat, until all test succeed.

Uh huh.  Now back to reality.

Are you talking about a well-funded development project, or open source?
(OK so there's some overlap between those categories, but never mind).

If we had to go through all the above in order to develop 4Suite, we would
have to charge Microsoft-like prices for 4Suite.

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management