[FRPythoneers] Doctest

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 27 09:48:42 MDT 2001

Mike Olson wrote:

> But it can as Sean pointed out in an example.  We do the same, we take a
> lot of input and expected data, and generated test cases based on this
> data.  By having to define each test case in a class, we need to do some
> pretty cool meta programming to do the above.  That or have one really
> really big test case that tests the entire system.

I'm confused here.

Do you write a separate class for each test case?  If so why?  If not, ignore the
rest of this as its off-base.

Assuming you have a module, or a class within a module, to be tested, why can't you
implement a (test) class for that module and put as many test procedures (methods,
function, ...) in your test class as needed?