[FRPythoneers] omniORB RPMS Available

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Mon Feb 26 08:29:47 MST 2001

Rob Riggs wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have just released a set of Red Hat 7.0 RPMS for omniORB and
> omniORBpy.
>
> omniORB is a very fast and efficient CORBA 2.3 compliant ORB. omniORBpy
> are the Python bindings for omniORB. Both are released under a
> combination
> of GPL and LGPL licenses.
>
> For more information and access to the RPMS, please see:
> http://community.tummy.com/~rob/

Good stuff.  We're heavy users of omniORB here at Fourthought, and it is
a core component of 4Suite Server.  We'd like to mirror an omniORB RPM
set on our site for easy installation by users.

First question: were you aware of the omniORB RPMs maintained by Jared
Peterson at

 http://www.tgflinux.com/omni/

If so, what are the differences in your packaging?

Secondly, any intent to package omniNotify?

Thanks.  I'll try to attend your omniORB talk.  The location helps.

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com               +1 303 583 9900 x 101