[FRPythoneers] Re: February Front Range Pythoneers Meeting Notes

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Thu Feb 22 20:35:33 MST 2001

Sean,

Your suggestion set me out to playing with gpw, having it generate
6-byte names, and it spat out "swalow".

Swallow -- close enough to siphon (in one of its meanings), and with
a memorable Monty Python reference:

"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
"What do you mean? An African or European swallow?"

Of course this means we can have two versions of Swallow ;-)

And it continues to feed on that snake image... what else does one
envision a python doing with its meal?

And I really like the command-line implications
# swallow PIL

;-)

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 06:03:21PM -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> >one.  ;-)  I'll drop a note to the author of the package and suggest
> >re-naming.  The reason I didn't like the name was that there's already
>
> Evelyn has dropped a note to him, hopefully we can come up with something
> other than an 8-byte name generated by "gpw".  ;-)  Though it actually
> does come up with some fairly reasonable names.
>
> Sean
> --
>  You know you're in Canada when:  You see a flyer advertising a polka-fest
>  at the curling rink.
> Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo at tummy.com>
> tummy.com - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python

Rob Riggs
http://www.pangalactic.org/