[FRPythoneers] Re: February Front Range Pythoneers Meeting Notes

Guido van Rossum guido at digicool.com
Tue Feb 20 17:17:00 MST 2001

Evelyn,

Thanks for the note!

> 12 people in attendance.
>
> Vaults of Parnassus location (look for it off of the Python Foundry
> on Sourceforge.net).  We were trying to figure out what it referred
> to though.  The story is available at:
> http://www.vex.net/parnassus/parnassus-story.html

Cute.  I've added this link to the py.org search page.

> General discussion included a status report on python-siphon a
> CPAN-like archive for Python.

What?  Please don't use that name.  I searched Google for "python
siphon" and found out it is a technical term for something used to
siphon water into or out of aquariums.  That's cute, but makes it hard
to find through web searches, and that's not what we want for a CPAN
thingie! :-)

> Mark Lutz is offering Python training in Denver Wednesday through
> Friday this week (www.kaivo.com to sign up). His new version of
> the Programming Python will be available in 2 weeks at the beginning
> of March (python.oreilly.com).

Also O'Reilly promises tht it goes on sale first at the python9
conference!

See you all there!  www.python9.org.