[FRPythoneers] PythonDoc review

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Mar 28 23:25:04 MST 2000

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:10:37AM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>on their big push to get in a python doc standard by IPC8.  I promptly
>proposed that we mostly rip-off javadoc for in-line documentation and

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...  I actually originally was thinking
of using javadoc-like markup as well, but my mentions of it brought repeated
references to the Structured Text work.  I personally don't care if Guido
adopts it or not, I just want something that I can use.  Code reuse is
great, but I need the documentation to go with the code.

>any time soon.  In the meantime fourthought has moved to Docbook for
>on-line docs and is considering a Javadoc (with a few good ideas from
>Structured Text) approach for in-line docs.

I'm afraid that I know not Docbook.  I'd be interested in working on
something to do javadoc for Python after TheCLIQ though.  Remember that
hacking party I've been talking about having?  Sounds like a great
justification for it to me.  How about April 15 at our place?

 How does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?
                 -- _North_by_Northwest_